Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Days 42-43 - Phuket, Thailand

We headed out early Wednesday morning to the airport to head to Phuket, Thailand with a scheduled personal van shuttle straight to our hotel.  Out of the Singapore, KL, Phuket, Bangkok tour we did, this was our favorite stop. The people and the beach were wonderful.
 We took the hotel taxi around to the Big Buddha and famous temples in the area.  The view from the top was incredible.

Random cat placed itself RIGHT in the middle of the temple entrance.  The cuteness!
We headed to the beach and swam in the perfect water.  We saw a ton of jellyfish tops on the beach but didn't encounter any in the water.  The waves here were body-surfable so we did that for a while until they started getting really rough and I took a few tumbles underwater and ended up entangled in someone else's arms and legs, didn't know who until the wave took us pretty much all the way to the beach and it was one of the TI guys.  Funny/awkward.  Sand in places it shouldn't be...  So we got out and ate at the beach restaurant.  It was really cloudy that day so we didn't catch the sunset, but here is the sunset from the next day after we went kayaking around a lot of islands nearby.  I'll try to get some photos the others took of us in the kayak, but I didn't have my phone with me.  We had paid for a boat tour/self kayaking experience with lunch included on the boat, and it was so perfect.  Some of the tunnels we went into you had to lie back in the kayak in order to fit, and they took you into beautiful lagoons with monkeys and other wild life.  It was a wonderful day, topped off with a gorgeous sunset.
It started raining so I ran for cover to the nearest umbrella and then got all artsy with the sunset.  :)
I loved walking along the beach seeing all the tiny crabs scatter and crawl into holes.  I watched the last bit of the sunset with my new crab friend (I put him back after this photo).  Tomorrow we head off to Bangkok for the city life again.  But I could get used to this beach thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment